Super soft paleo tortillas have the perfect texture for any meal. Up your paleo game with paleo tortillas offering endless meal ideas like paleo enchiladas, or paleo breakfast burritos!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or your preference
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white from a large egg.
- Pre heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Before adding your first tortilla lightly oil the skilled with avocado oil or oil of choice.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk together your egg and separated egg white.
- In a large bowl whisk together your tapioca flour, coconut flour and salt.
- Next add your whisked eggs, the oil and water to the flour mix bowl. Stir until combined.
- Your batter will be the consistency of a pour-able pancake batter.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into a lightly oiled skillet and cook 60-90 seconds. See note below about heat. Flip and cook another 60-90 seconds.
- You can use the bottom of the measuring cup to push the batter around on the tortilla if you move fast to make it more even.
- Continue this process until your batter is used up. This should make 6-7 tortillas.
- As you cook these, place cooked tortillas on a cooling rack. Stacking the hot tortillas on top of each can result in tortillas stuck together!
- A note about the skillet: If you have a large electric griddle this would be an excellent option. Because it's easier to cook one tortilla at a time, I like to use two skillets at a time. One regular and one cast iron just to speed up the process.
- A note about the heat: Your first tortilla you make will be how you gauge if your heat is high enough. The heat should be high enough that it cooks in 60-90 seconds and leaves dark brown/ black char spots. It should not cook like a pancake and become golden brown all over. I had to have my heat on a 7/8 if you were gauging it from a 1-10, 10 being the highest.
- How to store: These are best used immediately. However you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat in a skillet for best results. I have frozen these as well and separated each tortilla with wax or parchment paper so they don't stick together.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American