These Smashed Fingerling Potatoes are soft and creamy on the inside, extra crispy and buttery on the outside. All you need is 6 ingredients and less than 1 hour to make this crowd pleasing appetizer or side dish.
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons of melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbs de Provence or dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place your fingerling potatoes in a pot of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil with a lid. Boil until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork, 20-25 minutes.
- Drain your potatoes into a colander and let sit for 5 minutes.
- On a sheet pan, gently squish down each potato using a heavy, flat bottomed glass. If your potatoes stick, spray the bottom of the glass with non stick spray. You want the potatoes to be 1/2" thick so the interior is still light and fluffy.
- Drizzle the melted butter and avocado oil over your potatoes. Sprinkle with granulated garlic, herbs de Provence, and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Roast at 425 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Once cooled slightly, taste for seasoning and add additional sea salt if necessary.
- The herbs de Provence can be substituted for Italian seasoning, dried thyme, or your favorite seasoning blend.
- You can substitute fingerling potatoes for baby Yukon gold potatoes but not russet.
- To air fry these potatoes, follow steps 1-5 and then place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 50