Pistachio crusted salmon is a super simple dish that's still elegant enough to impress your friends and family! The pistachios create a rich and nutty crust that perfectly compliments the buttery salmon.
- 1 pound wild caught salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 clove garlic, minced, OR 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 lemon, sliced
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Crush up your pistachios into small pieces. You can use a food processor or put the nuts into a ziplock baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with dijon mustard and sprinkle with the minced garlic, salt and pepper. Pat down the pistachio pieces on top.
Place lemon slices on top of the pistachio crust and top with butter cubes.
Cook uncovered in the oven for 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove when temp is 135-140 in order for carry over cooking to reach target temperature of 145F.
- You can substitute olive oil for butter.
- If you don't have pistachios, you can substitute almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts.
- If you want to cook this on a grill, assemble your salmon on aluminum foil to cook directly on the grill. Cover with more foil if pistachios start to get too dark before cooking is complete.
- You can also opt to use multiple individual salmon filets instead of a whole filet.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: main dish