Deep and richly flavored Peanut Butter Coffee sweetened with maple syrup is the way to go. It is fast and a healthy way to balance the caffeine because of the fat and protein and is naturally sweetened.
This coffee is really freaking good.
It's a warm cup of coziness that is rich, deep, but extremely creamy, exactly how I like my coffee. But the craziness is, that this coffee doesn't have a single drop of creamer, dairy or non-dairy.
It is simply made creamy with peanut butter.
Delicious sweet/salty peanut butter, mixed with pure maple syrup. And let me tell you, if you have never had peanut butter and maple syrup mixed together before you have been missing out on life.
Why you are gonna love this peanut butter coffee
This coffee is
- super creamy
- lightly sweetened
- dairy free
- no refined sugars
- ready in a split second
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Peanut Butter- I used natural peanut butter that only has roasted peanuts and salt in the ingredients. You can sub in almond butter for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup- Like I mentioned maple and peanut butter really jam together but if you don't have maple you could try honey. I don't love honey in my coffee, so it wouldn't be my first choice.
- Coffee- I highly recommend a strong dark roast for the best flavor, but if you can't do dark roast, just sub in your favorite coffee.
Step by step instructions for Peanut Butter Coffee
- Place the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Give it a stir and microwave in 10-second increments until the peanut butter is nice and melty. Stirring each time you take it out of the microwave.
2. Place the melted peanut butter and syrup in a blender and then add the hot coffee on top. I like putting the peanut butter in first so it doesn't get stuck under the blades of the blender.
3. Blend on high for about 35 seconds. You will blend until it is smooth, and the color has changed to a light brown creamy color.
This can peanut butter coffee can be made any way you dream of! Allergic to peanut butter but still want to have this creamy drink? Read on my friend.
- Use any nut butter- I have made this with cashew butter, and almond butter. Both are absolutely delicious. You still get the same creamy texture but a slightly different flavor. You could even use chocolate peanut butter or something like Nutella.
- Swap the syrup- Change up the flavor profile by using honey (for nonvegans) or even something like chocolate syrup. You could use a flavored simple syrup like vanilla or cinnamon for a tasty treat. Using this Brown Sugar Simple Syrup would also taste so amazing.
- Turn it into a coffee smoothie- Follow the directions as is and then let it come to room temperature. Then add ice and maybe even a frozen banana.
- Heat the PB and Syrup- When heating the peanut butter and syrup you can use the microwave or stovetop, your choice. I wouldn't skip heating the peanut butter because it helps it blends really nicely.
- Double it- This recipe will double or triple well if serving more than one person, just be sure you are serving right away as it can settle some.
- Strong Coffee- You are going to get the best flavor by using strong coffee. You can also use decaf if that is your preference.
Can you make this a cold peanut butter coffee?
You can, but make it warm first and then pour over ice. Some separation may occur due to the fats cooling down.
Is this healthy?
This drink is healthy for a couple of reasons. You will get a nice boost of fat and protein thanks to the peanut butter.
There are no refined sugars making it less likely to spike your blood sugar as high as traditional sugar.
Maple syrup also has antioxidants.
Is this Peanut Butter Coffee vegan friendly?
Absolutely! This dreamy coffee drink is vegan and paleo-friendly. There are no added animal products and since it is sweetened with a vegan sweetener, it makes it perfect for those looking to replace their morning coffee creamer with a vegan option.
Peanut butter and pure maple syrup are also paleo-friendly ingredients.
Can I make this ahead of time?
This morning coffee drink is best when you drink it right away. Some settling can occur if you don't have time to drink right away. Just use a hand frother to remix if that happens.
More coffee and tea recipes
If you are looking for more warm drink recipes check out these favorites:Print