Making overnight oats with frozen fruit is our favorite way to enjoy tropical fruits like sweet frozen mango and tart frozen pineapple. Enjoy these filling, rich and creamy oats year round with less than 10 minutes of prep work.
- 1 cup old-fashioned (rolled) oats, gluten-free if needed.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice (we used coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Toppings: yogurt (dairy or non-dairy), coconut flakes, chia seeds, fruit of choice
- In a large glass jar, bowl or container with lid, add all of your ingredients. Mix together with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Place jar or container into the fridge to chill overnight.
- In the morning stir and serve by dividing into individual jars or bowls.
- Top with desired toppings like yogurt, fresh fruit, chia seeds or coconut flakes. Or layer in a glass with yogurt for a beautiful and fun way to eat your overnight oats.
- Do not use quick oats or steel-cut oats for this recipe.
- These overnight oats with frozen fruit is best when consumed within 2 days of making. After that, the fruit isn't the best texture and may start to brown.
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Chill Time: 12 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make overnight oats with frozen fruit, overnight oats with frozen fruit, mango overnight oats