This decadent four-ingredient Oat Milk Hot Chocolate is creamy, sweet and oh so chocolatey. Ready in under 10 minutes, this homemade hot chocolate will be your go-to wintertime treat. Vegan and dairy-free options
- 2 cups oat milk, unsweetened plain
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free or regular)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine: In a medium saucepan, add all ingredients.
- Heat and Whisk: Over med/low heat gently heat the oat milk hot chocolate ingredients. Whisk often until the chocolate has completely melted and everything is completely combined. Do not let this boil. If you notice flecks of chocolate coating the side of your pan, scrape that down back into the milk mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once heated through and completely smooth and creamy serve and enjoy immediately. Top with marshmallows, whip cream, a dusting of cocoa powder, or even more chocolate chips.
- Feel free to sub in any milk (dairy or nondairy) of your choice as long as it is plain and unsweetened.
- You can use vegan, allergy-friendly or even dark chocolate chips for this recipe. Just give it a taste before serving to make sure it is sweet enough, especially if you using dark chocolate. I would use pure maple syrup to sweeten so you don't have to wait for the sugar to dissolve.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stove Top
Keywords: homemade hot chocolate, oat milk hot chocolate, oat milk hot cocoa