Easy chocolate oat flour waffles that can be made in one bowl! These gluten-free and dairy-free waffles are quick to make and hit the spot!
- 1 1/3 cup of gluten-free oat flour (spoon and level method)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut or cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup of milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of light tasting olive oil
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron on medium heat. My waffle iron is numbered 1-5 and I used level 3.
- In a large bowl add your dry ingredients- oat flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar. Whisk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients- whisked eggs, vanilla, milk, oil. Stir until smooth and mixed well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- To preheated waffle iron, add 1/2 cup of waffle batter and cook according to your waffle maker instructions until golden and cooked through.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings- whipped cream, chocolate chips, syrup, peanut butter are a few suggestions
- Be sure to use light-tasting olive oil or your preferred cooking oil. Extra virgin olive oil will have a funny taste.
- I like Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour
- I typically make these dairy-free for our family using coconut or almond milk and allergy friendly chocolate chips.
- Cook time will vary for each waffle maker.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker