Everything you see, feel and do is the result of energy that is vibrating at a certain speed. The chair you are sitting, the phone in your hand, your physical body are all there because of the billions of particles clustered together moving at a certain speed creating what is in your reality.
Your thoughts, create feelings and your feelings create your vibrational state. Your feelings about those thoughts are based on your past and associations your subconcious mind makes about situations and circumstances.
But there is more to it. Other things can affect your vibrational state are the foods you eat and your second brain, the gut.
Your gut is is known as the second brain because because of the enteric nervous system. This nervous system is how the gut communicates with the brain and vice versa. According to John Hopkins Medicine, “The enteric nervous system doesn’t seem capable of thought as we know it, but it communicates back and forth with our big brain—with profound results.”
The foods we eat have their own vibrational frequency, and turns out the higher vibration foods are the healthier foods. And the healthier foods are what makes our guts happy.
Eating high vibration foods improves your vibration in many ways. Here are just a few:
- an unhealthy gut such as people who suffer from IBS have a higher risk of depression and anxiety. IBS is triggered by the foods we eat.
- High vibration foods offer the most nutrition from chlorophyll to antioxidants and even alkaline materials to keep our bodies in a good ph balance.
- You feel better, lighter healthier when you eat higher vibrational foods, which in turns raises your vibrational frequency.
The gut brain connection and mood
A healthy gut equals a healthy brain. What you eat affects your mood, happiness, mental clarity and much more.
According to Sahara Rose Ketabi in "The Idiots Guide To Ayurveda", when your digestion is working well you can experience confidence, joy patience, logic, mental clarity and a vigor for life. All of those emotions are high vibration emotions.
When you gut is off balance, your digestion is off balance and Ketabi suggests you might suffer from anxiety, depression, impatience, indecisiveness, confusion, withdrawal, or disease.
Speak to your food with love
Give thanks to your food before eating, blessing and praying over your food and even offering loving intention towards your food. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrational energies along with joy.
But studies such as Dr. Masaru Emoto’s Water Crystal Study showed us that waters' molecular structure can be altered when exposed to different intentions. Keep in mind that our bodies, our foods, everything, is made up of water.
Emoto found that water exposed to loving emotions and intentions delvelped beautiful molecular structures, whereas water that was exposed to intentions of hate, disgust or evil were molecularly disfigured and ugly.
Emoto even did a study showing how a water crystal changed after one hour of bruddist prayer. Setting a positive intention, praying and gratitude for your food can change it's vibrational and molecular state.
High vibration foods
This is not an exhaustive list of all high vibrational foods, rather a guide to help you get on the right track. You will find that a lot of these high vibrational foods are similar to foods included in Ayurvedic diets as well.
Raw nuts and seeds
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- brazil nuts
Fresh herbs and Spices
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- mustard seed
- extra virgin olive oil
- coconut sugar
- pure maple syrup
Organic, seasonal fruit will offer your body the most in high vibrations. High in antioxidants and vitamins.
- tropical fruits- mango, kiwi etc
Organic, fresh and seasonal is best.
- bell peppers
- potatoes (white and sweet)
- leafy greens (arugula, kale, chard, lettuce)
- brussels sprouts
- tuber vegetables
Fermented foods help bring good bacteria into the gut.
My opinion on grains is that grains are not high vibration for everyone even if their vibrational frequency is high. Some people do not tolerate grains and I strongly believe this should be considered when deciding what high frequency foods to eat.
- wild rice
Green teas, herbal teas, black teas
Pure spring water, or filtered to remove impurities such as chlorine, fluoride etc
Quality sourced meats, with happy environments, organic, grass fed when available. Wild caught fish, not farmed.
Low vibration foods
- Meat- low quality, meats. Consider finding meat sources that treat their animals well, grassfed cows, high quality non gmo feeds and organic practices. What your animal eats affects you.
- Non organic / GMO Foods- genetically modified organisms are foods that have been modified from the seed up. This means that they have been modified to contain pesticides and toxins from the seed so it is resistant to diseases, mold or other things that can damage the food while growing.
Pesticides found within GMO foods have been linked to asthma, hormone disruption, neurotoxicity, cancer and birth defects.
The USA has no restriction on GMO use despite the alarming evidence of potential risks of consuming GMO foods. Unlike the US, 26 other nations have partially or completely banned the use of GMO foods.
- Oils- avoid oils such as canola, safflower, peanut, soy, cottonseed, margarine
- Coffee- If drinking coffee be sure to find organic coffee. Coffee from non organic sources is heavy on mold and pesticides. Decaf coffee made decaffeinated by chemical processes should also be avoided.
- Artificial food colorings and dyes
- Sodium nitrates/nitrites
- Sodium almuminum sulphates
- Processed foods
- Soda (diet or regular
- Artificial sweeteners
- Processed sugar
- Fake anything- butter, meat, cheese, miracle whip,
- Dairy- raw dairy (which is hard to find) is considered a healthier alternative and higher in vibration
Foods that are high vibrational but could still effect your gut brain connection
Nightshades- nightshades are made of vegetables and fruits that may seem healthy and high vibrational but can cause very unhappy guts for some people. Nightshades can cause inflammation, bloating cramping and diarrhea.
Legumes- legumes like nightshades are not tolerated by everyone especially people with IBS. If your gut is unhealthy from the foods you eat, despite how high vibe the food is, your vibrational status isn't going to change.
I hope this guide is a good jumping off point for you on finding high vibrational foods that bring you joy, energy and gratitude. Be sure to let me know in the comments or come find me on Instagram to share!