Sweet luscious strawberries swim in a juicy summer jam when baked and have a thick buttery graham cracker top. This perfect summer dessert only needs 4 ingredients and is gluten free.
Hello, is it me you're looking for?
Why, yes Graham Cracker Strawberry Crisp, you are exactly what I am looking for.
This strawberry crisp starts with a thick sugary and buttery gluten free graham cracker crust, which seems sinful in itself, but just wait, it gets better.
The graham cracker crisp/crust/ delicousness layer is intentionally made super thick. You know, for all my friends out there that love graham cracker pie crust.
And honestly, who doesn't love to skip right to that graham when you eat a dessert with it?
We aren't messing around with that here. We are starting with that delicious crust right on top!
Then with each graham crackery bite, you will get the most delicious summery strawberry bites to go with it. The strawberries bake perfect under the golden crust. They are just the right texture and the juicy jam is drinkable it is so good.
Also, I feel the need to mention again that you only need 4 ingredients to make this strawberry crisp. FOUR! That in itself should make it your go to summer dessert.
Before we part ways, let me give you a fair warning. This dessert is REAL easy to eat. I am talking I may, or may not have eaten the entire thing myself with the exception of a few bites.
So moral of the story, be sure to have someone to share this with so you don't eat it ALL.
Step by step
Making this gluten free strawberry crisp is so easy with just 4 ingredients you can have it baked in under 30 minutes. Follow along with the pictures and instructions below!
- Slice your clean and dried strawberries into quarters.
- Place sliced strawberries into a 10x6 baking dish.
- Drizzle with honey and stir to coat.
- Place your graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you have a fine crumb mixture. Alternatively you can place in bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter in medium size sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add your graham cracker crumbs to the butter and mix to combine.
- Top your sliced strawberries with the graham cracker mixture. Evenly spread on top of the strawberries and press down gently to make it firm. You will have about ¼ cup of the graham cracker/butter mix left over if using a 10x6 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes or until your strawberry mix is bubbling around the sides.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Top with whipped cream of your choice. Coconut cream is pictured. Or ice cream!
This strawberry crisp doesn't have to be gluten free. If your family can enjoy gluten then you can make this delicious crisp with regular graham crackers.
You can substitute the honey for maple syrup if desired or completely leave it out! I think it would be plenty sweet without the honey.
Let's connect friends!Print
Need more quick dessert ideas? I think you will love these Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Bars!