Sweet luscious strawberries swim in a juicy summer jam when baked and have a thick buttery graham cracker top. This perfect summer dessert only needs 4 ingredients and is gluten free.
Hello, is it me you're looking for?
Why, yes Graham Cracker Strawberry Crisp, you are exactly what I am looking for.
This strawberry crisp starts with a thick sugary and buttery gluten free graham cracker crust, which seems sinful in itself, but just wait, it gets better.
The graham cracker crisp/crust/ delicousness layer is intentionally made super thick. You know, for all my friends out there that love graham cracker pie crust.
And honestly, who doesn't love to skip right to that graham when you eat a dessert with it?
We aren't messing around with that here. We are starting with that delicious crust right on top!
Then with each graham crackery bite, you will get the most delicious summery strawberry bites to go with it. The strawberries bake perfect under the golden crust. They are just the right texture and the juicy jam is drinkable it is so good.
Also, I feel the need to mention again that you only need 4 ingredients to make this strawberry crisp. FOUR! That in itself should make it your go to summer dessert.
Before we part ways, let me give you a fair warning. This dessert is REAL easy to eat. I am talking I may, or may not have eaten the entire thing myself with the exception of a few bites.
So moral of the story, be sure to have someone to share this with so you don't eat it ALL.
Step by step
Making this gluten free strawberry crisp is so easy with just 4 ingredients you can have it baked in under 30 minutes. Follow along with the pictures and instructions below!
- Slice your clean and dried strawberries into quarters.
- Place sliced strawberries into a 10x6 baking dish.
- Drizzle with honey and stir to coat.
- Place your graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you have a fine crumb mixture. Alternatively you can place in bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter in medium size sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add your graham cracker crumbs to the butter and mix to combine.
- Top your sliced strawberries with the graham cracker mixture. Evenly spread on top of the strawberries and press down gently to make it firm. You will have about ¼ cup of the graham cracker/butter mix left over if using a 10x6 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes or until your strawberry mix is bubbling around the sides.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Top with whipped cream of your choice. Coconut cream is pictured. Or ice cream!
This strawberry crisp doesn't have to be gluten free. If your family can enjoy gluten then you can make this delicious crisp with regular graham crackers.
You can substitute the honey for maple syrup if desired or completely leave it out! I think it would be plenty sweet without the honey.
Let's connect friends!Print
Graham Cracker Strawberry Crisp
- Total Time: 33
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This four ingredient Graham Cracker Strawberry Crisp is the perfect summer dessert. Sweet luscious juicy strawberries baked with a thick graham cracker crust. Top with whipped cream or ice cream for the ultimate treat.
- 1 box of gluten free graham crackers, food processed or crushed to make 1 and ¾ cups of crumbs (see note)
- ⅓ cup of butter, melted
- 3 cups of quartered strawberries (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pre heat your oven to 350°.
- Slice your strawberries into quarters and place in a 10"x6" baking dish.
- Top your strawberries with honey and stir to coat the strawberries evenly.
- Place your graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you achieve a fine even crumb, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Do not boil.
- Combine your graham cracker crumbs with your melted butter and stir to evenly combine.
- Spoon your combined graham cracker butter mix over the strawberries and use your hands to press down and evenly spread the topping. I pressed down slightly to make it a little packed down. Don't press down enough that you squish your strawberries. This will help form a thick crust that stays together.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. The crisp is ready when the strawberry juices are bubbly around the sides of the dish. Start checking at 20 minutes so your crust does not become to brown.
- Let the crisp cool so that it serves easily.
- Top with your favorite topping like ice cream or whipped cream. I used the coconut cream from a can of full fat coconut milk.
- The 3 cups of quartered strawberries is measured after slicing. This is about 1 ½, 16 ounce containers of whole strawberries.
- I used Pamela's Gluten Free Graham Crackers "Honey Grahams" 7.5 oz box.
- You will most likely have about ¼ cup of the graham cracker butter mix leftover that will not fit on the crisp. Enjoy with a spoon 😉
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20-23
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free strawberry crisp, strawberries, strawberry crisp, graham crackers
Need more quick dessert ideas? I think you will love these Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Bars!
Leave a Note