Oven baked Whole30 and Paleo friendly Gluten Free Lime Basil Salmon Cakes are so easy and delicious they will earn a spot in your weekly dinner rotation.
You know what Lime Basil Salmon Cakes are good for?
Well they are obviously good for dinner, but they are one of my GO TO recipes when I...
- Forget to set out meat to thaw.
- Don't feel like cooking dinner and we need a protein source on the table stat.
- Want something totally different than the same ol same ol.
- Need a fast breakfast made from leftovers.
If you are struggling with any of those problems above, you have found your dinner recipe! Like most recipes you will find on the blog you only need just a handful of ingredients.
Before we move on, I need to know. Do you call these salmon cakes or salmon patties? Because to me they are "salmon patties".
Calling them salmon patties is like the unsophisticated version aka I am from Kentucky what do you expect.
Salmon cakes is like the "I am from Maine or California version" and salmon patties is like the " hey ya'll come round here often" version.
So lets chat about what we are working with here.
There will be no frying, no making a mess, no slaving over the stove while making these lovely gluten free salmon patties either.
You only need a handful of ingredients and you will have dinner on the table in a flash.
- canned de-boned salmon
- fresh garlic
- almond flour
- fresh lime juice
- fresh basil
These lime basil salmon patties are so easy to make you don't need a lot of tips. Here are a few that might be helpful:
- Brush the oil onto the baking sheet. This really does make a difference in the evenness of browning.
- I like to use parchment paper, but it is not necessary. Just be extra gentle with that first flip, if you are not using parchment paper.
- Use fresh ingredients, no lime juice from a jar, or garlic powder, for the best taste.
Are these gluten free salmon cakes paleo/whole30/keto?
This meal is gluten free, grain free and Whole30 compliant. These salmon cakes are also paleo friendly!
The ingredients of the salmon cakes are completely low carb and keto diet friendly as well.
And I should totally mention they are kid friendly too! I have two of the pickiest eaters in the world and they will eat these without complaining.
Time to eat some Whole30 and paleo salmon patty/cakes!Print
Looking for more fish recipes? Check out this Salmon and Bok Choy Tray Bake