Gluten free chicken enchiladas with a garlicy, cheese, bold sauce that is so easy to come together because you get to blend it all in one step!
- 8 gluten free or grain free tortillas
- 3 cups of cooked shredded and chopped chicken (rotisserie works great)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of salsa verde
- ½ white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of loosely packed cilantro leaves, no stems
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Pre heat your oven to 400°F
- Add all of the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add prepared chicken with 1 cup of sauce from blender. Mix well.
- In a 10x6 baking dish, pour ½ cup of sauce evenly into the bottom. Heat the stack of tortillas in the microwave for 45-60 seconds to make warm enough to bend without cracking.
- Place approx. 2 ½ tablespoons of chicken mixture into a tortilla, roll up and place seem side down into casserole dish, on top of sauce. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce on the rolled enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes, or until the dish is bubbly and cheese is melted and beginning to brown in spots.
- Enjoy warm and with your favorite toppings like fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos, more salsa etc.
- Picky eater tips: serve them a quesadilla with reserved shredded chicken and cheese, no sauce.
- Feel free to use any cheese you like! I do recommend shredding your self from the block for the best flavor. I suggest colby jack or Monterey jack cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: gluten free chicken enchiladas, white sauce chicken enchiladas, chicken enchiladas with cream cheese