These flavorful air fryer diced potatoes are made with buttery yellow gold potatoes that are cooked to a crispy outside and fluffy inside. This simple air fryer recipe uses pantry staple spices you will already have on hand! Ready in 15 minutes.
I was really late to joining the air fryer scene, but I am completely making up for it by giving it a permanent spot on my counter. I also cook at least 1 meal or dish in it every. single. day. Like these breakfast potatoes, or this amazing halibut.
I feel the air fryer forgives me for waiting so long to buy it.
And I forgive myself because now I can make these diced potatoes in 15 minutes and that makes me super happy.
These diced air fryer potatoes are perfect for breakfast with your eggs, as quick lunch topped with ground meat, or as a side dish for dinner.
There is no losing when it comes to these potatoes, only winning.
Why you should make these diced potatoes in the air fryer
- Crispy, a little salty, and bursting with garlicky flavor potatoes
- Perfect for breakfast with eggs
- So Easy! Cooking potatoes in the air fryer means you get to be hands-off, and they cook evenly every time.
- No stove- You can have space in your oven to make more food or not have to turn it on at all.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Yellow gold potatoes- I prefer yellow gold potatoes or russet potatoes for this recipe. They tend to hold up best in the air fryer in my opinion. You can sub for another potato, just start watching towards the end of cooking time and make sure they aren't shriveling up.
- Olive oil- you want to make sure you are using a high smoke point oil in the air fryer. If you don't want to use light-tasting olive oil I recommend subbing avocado oil.
- Dried spices and herbs- be sure to stick with the dried spices and herbs for this recipe.
Can I make these sliced potatoes instead of diced?
Absolutely! Keep the slices thin and in a single layer. Still shake them halfway or flip with tongs and check at the ten-minute mark to see if they are finished cooking.
What dietary lifestyles does this recipe work for?
These easy air fryer potatoes are gluten-free, Whole30, and vegan. Perfect for everyone at the table.
Can I make these ahead of time?
You can make these ahead of time but you will need to reheat them in the air fryer right before serving. If they seem dry, give them a little spray with cooking oil and reheat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
How should I store these?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container, in the fridge for 3-4 days for best quality when reheating.
How to make air fryer diced potatoes
- In a medium bowl, add all of your prepped and measured ingredients.
2. Mix until evenly well coated with the spice mixture and the oil.
3. Evenly spread your potatoes into the air fryer basket. Be sure to work in batches if needed so that potatoes do not overlap.
4. Cook for 10 minutes and then shake the potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. If you cut them small enough they should be done in 15 minutes. If they are not crispy and easily pierced with a fork cook for 2-5 more minutes.
- Single layer- Do not pile the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Keep them in a single layer and work in batches if needed.
- Don't skip the oil- Potatoes in the air fryer without enough oil look really sad by the time they cook. They also don't taste as good as they can. Be sure to use enough to coat the potatoes.
- Work in batches- I have a 6.8 qt air fryer basket so be sure to work in as many batches as needed to keep everything in a single layer.
- Dice small- If you do not dice these into small pieces your cooking time will change. I cut mine into twelfths.