If you love the flavor of brown sugar in your drinks, this easy brown sugar simple syrup recipe is for you! Learn how simple it is to make at home with only 2 ingredients.
- 1 cup of brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup of water
- Add sugar and water to medium saucepan.
- Heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. About 4-5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high heat and bring to a light simmer. Reduce heat to maintain the light simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before transferring to a glass jar with lid.
- Recipe as written is for a 1:1 simple syrup ratio. You can make a sweeter thicker simple syrup by using a 2:1 ratio (2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of water). It may take longer to dissolve the sugar if using a 2:1 ratio.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sweetener
- Method: Stove Top
Keywords: brown sugar simple syrup, easy simple syrup recipe, what to do with brown sugar