Start your day off right with this healthy crustless mushroom and green onion quiche. This dairy free quiche is perfect for keto and low carb diets.
Happy Friday friends! I thought I would pop on here with a quick breakfast recipe for you heading into your weekend!
This crustless mushroom and onion quiche was the perfect breakfast/brunch/all day snack for us a few weeks ago so I wanted to share it with you all. My youngest (14 months) even loved this.
Mushrooms and green onions are perfect together because that earthy mushroom flavor pairs with brightness of green onion. Mushrooms and onions are also perfect for anyone on a low carb diet.
Both contain very little net carbs making this dish a superb low carb breakfast.
Health benefits of this crustless mushroom quiche
I buy mushrooms for a few reasons, one they are super tasty. But the second reason is that they are really high in selenium.
Selenium is a trace mineral that helps with cognitive function. It plays a critical role in many functions of the body including your thyroid and metabolism.
But mushrooms aren't the only food high in selenium in this dish friends! Eggs also contain this much needed mineral. One egg contains 20 mcg's!
Most adults need around 55 mcg grams of selenium so you are getting a hefty dose in this quiche.
Brain power for the win friends!
What we are working with
- baby bella mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- green onion
- keto friendly creamer (Picnik is my favorite because it is dairy free) If you do not need a dairy free dish you can use heavy whipping cream
- fresh garlic
That's it! Just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper) and you have a delicious breakfast on the table fast!
Let's get to brunching friends.
I love hearing from you guys!Print
Crustless Mushroom and Green Onion Quiche
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Start your day off right with this healthy crustless mushroom and green onion quiche. This dairy free quiche is perfect for keto and low carb diets. Healthy and on the table fast!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of chopped baby bella mushrooms
- ½ cup of chopped green onion (white and light green parts only)
- ½ cup of non dairy cream like Picnik
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Veggies- chops your mushrooms, green onion and garlic. Set aside
- Eggs- Whisk your eggs, cream, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Whisk for at least a minute until eggs are smooth and ribbon like.
- Add your veggies into your eggs and whisk to combine.
- Pour the combined ingredients into a 9 inch pie pan that has been generously greased with refined coconut oil, butter, ghee or your choice of cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for approx. 30 minutes. Check the quiche at the 25 minute mark for doneness in the center. Quiche could take up to 35 minutes to finish baking through depending on your oven.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crustless quiche, crustless mushroom onion quiche, keto breakfast
Need more breakfast ideas? Check out this Sweet Potato, Egg and Bacon Breakfast Hash . A Whole30 and Paleo friendly breakfast!
Leave a Note