Scrumptious creamy balsamic dressing comes together super quick with the perfect amount of tang and only a few main ingredients!
All salads deserved to be dressed with only the best. The best to me, usually means homemade dressing. And if you have never made homemade dressing, my friend today is the day you start.
Homemade dressing is so easy. If you can measure, dump,and blend, then your in luck, you too can make homemade salad dressings! Making your own salad dressings will literally change your life. You will save boatloads of money, make your tastebuds happy, and seriously change the way you feel about your salads after switching to homemade dressing.
I bet it is safe to say that you have had your fair share of not so tasty balsamic dressings. They are pretty hard to find tasty in a bottle, and even harder to find a recipe that is perfect for your tastebuds.
But this dressing, this dressing will have you falling in love with balsamic all over again.
3 Qualities that make this the best Creamy Balsamic dressing
This creamy balsamic dressing has three qualities that I feel are mandatory for a balsamic dressing that tastes good:
- It’s creamy. I'm not down for just an oil and vinegar kind of dressing. The creaminess comes from being whipped around in the blender and the mustard.
- It’s got tang but not too much, thanks to the oil vinegar ratio used with just a touch of water.
- You can dip veggies in it and it’s still delicious. That’s a weird one I know, but a dressing to me should be good on everything not just on a salad.
Speaking of good on everything. let’s discuss what you could put this on.
- Grilled chicken
- Lettuce wraps
- Veggie dip
- Tray bakes
How to make this dressing
Making this dressing could not be easier!
Simply measure out your ingredients into a blender and turn it on high speed until it is creamy and completely incorporated. The oil should not be separated from the vinegar, everything should be nice and smooth.
If you need to whisk by hand it is possible, but may not be as creamy. Just combine the balsamic, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk until combined. Then slowly drizzly your oil in while whisking briskly until it is no longer separated.
Enough about this dressing! Let’s get to measuring, dumping and blending! Giddyup.Print
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 People 1x
Creamy delicious balsamic dressing comes together with the perfect amount of tang and only a few main ingredients!
- ½ cup Light Tasting Olive Oil OR Avocado Oil ((be sure to choose light tasting olive oil-EVOO will have a much stronger taste))
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Water ((optional- this helps cut tang and keeps the dressing pourable after being in the fridge))
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender or blender cup like a nutribullet. Blend the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Place vinegar in a bowl or wide mouth mason jar. Add mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, water and maple syrup. Whisk until combined
- Next, slowly whisk oil into the vinegar mix to prevent separation.
- Store in refrigerator in a air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- If you have the time, once the dressing is assembled let it sit in fridge before serving. Giving the flavors some time to meld.
- You can substitute other sweeteners if desired, just do a taste test to ensure it is to your liking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: condiments, salad dressing
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Leave a Note