This dairy free banana avocado ice cream hits all the right notes with it's creamy texture, bright mint undertones, and decadent chocolate chunks. Using avocado in this nice cream keeps it light and healthy while still satisfying your sweet tooth!
- 2 1/2 cups sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup of fresh avocado
- 1/3 unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice your ripe bananas and freeze until hard, about 1-2 hours.
- In a food processor, combine your frozen banana slices, avocado, unsweetened coconut milk, honey and mint leaves. Blend until completely smooth. If it's not blending well, you may need to add more coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it's smooth. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Prep a loaf plan or glass dish with parchment paper as a liner. Spread the banana avocado ice cream mixture into the loaf pan. Freeze an additional 2 hours, until it reaches the ice cream consistency you desire. If you freeze overnight, you will need to let it soften at room temperature for 20-30 minutes so you can scoop it easily.
- You can eat right away once it's blended if you like the softer, frozen yogurt-like texture. Or freeze until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- You can swap out coconut milk for any other dairy free milk alternative you enjoy such as soy, almond, or hemp milk. Just make sure they are unsweetened, otherwise you may need to leave out the honey so it's not too sweet.
- You can substitute the fresh mint leaves for 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of mint extract. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste before adding more.
- Prep Time: 10 min (+4 hours freeze time)