Tangy balsamic grilled chicken tenders topped with sweet yet tart strawberry salsa that is just begging to be eaten on your next spring or summer cookout day! This fresh grilled chicken dish is healthy and bursting with flavor.
If the fresh breeze, blue skies and flowers blooming doesn't get you in the mood for spring and warm grilling weather this recipe will do the trick!
You need this chicken in your life because it is sweet, tangy, salty and so incredibly fresh.
Everything is super easy to throw together and you can have this dish ready in about 45 minutes. It's the type of lazy summer recipe you need where you can take breaks to sip an iced cold beverage on the deck while the meat marinates.
Serve this chicken along side this Baked Mac and Cheese, a green salad or even your favorite grain like rice.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Chicken Tenders- I used boneless skinless chicken tenders but you can sub in boneless chicken breasts, the cooking time will have to be adjusted and account for the size of your chicken.
- Balsamic Vinegar- You won't want to change this vinegar for another type. Balsamic vinegar has a robust flavor profile that actually brings out the flavor of strawberries.
- Mint- I really loved the fresh mint for this dish but it would be fantastic with fresh cilantro or basil as well.
- Jalapeno Pepper- This doesn't add too much heat to the dish, if you want it to be spicier and are not afraid of heat leave the seeds in.
- Olive Oil- I prefer to use a light tasting olive oil versus an extra virgin olive oil. Regular olive oil has a higher smoke point more suitable for a grill. You could use avocado oil as well.
- Marinate- Feel free to marinate the chicken from 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Salsa- the salsa is best made about 30 minutes ahead of time but can be made when you need it. The strawberries will just not be as crisp in texture or bright in color the longer it sits together.
Yes! This meal is paleo friendly. It can be modified to be Whole30 if you omit the honey in the salsa. It is gluten free.
The chicken is a great meal prep and is the exact recipe I use for this meal prep chicken recipe. The salsa can be made ahead of time and kept separate from the chicken. The salsa won't be very tasty past about a day.