A refreshing spinach salad just in time for spring. A sweet-tart blueberry vinaigrette dresses tender fresh spinach leaves, briny feta cheese, savory bacon and aromatic purple onions. The perfect side dish for any meal.
- 5 oz container of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 5 slices of bacon- chopped
- 1/2 red onion- sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup blueberry vinaigrette dressing
- Bacon: Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchement paper. Place in a COLD oven. Turn oven on to 375F and bake for 20-23 minutes. Bake until the bacon is nice and crispy. Alternatively you could pan fry this but it is easier to just throw in the oven.
- Dressing: Make this blueberry vinaigrette dressing and place in fridge while you are finishing up the rest of the salad. It literally takes less than 7 minutes to make it.
- Spinach: Rinse and dry your spinach. I like to use my salad spinner so the leaves get really dry. If you do not have a salad spinner rinse with cool water in a strainer and then dry gently with paper towels or clean kitchen towel. I like to trim off really large stem to make it more palatable.
- Onion and feta: slice the onion into half circle slices or whatever size you love. Get that feta ready baby. If you bought crumbled feta you are good to go. If you have a block, crumble it up.
- Assemble: Place your bed of spinach down first in a large bowl big enough that will allow you to toss the salad. Add the bacon, feta and onion to the spinach. Pour the dressing on top and then toss the salad with two large spoons or salad tongs to evenly incorporate the dressing and ingredients. Start with 1/4 cup of the dressing. After tossing taste to see if you would like to add more dressing.
- Alternatively you could leave this a build your own side salad bar and let everyone add the amount of toppings and dressing they desire.
- Store any undressed leftovers in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spinach salad, bacon spinach salad, side spinach salad, spring salad