Slightly crispy a lot chewy these grain free chocolate chip cookies and sure to be your new favorite!
- 1 ¼ cup finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chips ( I used allergy friendly)
- ½ cup M&M candies (see notes for what I used)
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350°F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Cream about 2 minutes until it is smooth and getting fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar. Continue to cream until thickened and smooth. About 1-2 minutes.
- Slow the mixer down and slowly add your ingredients in the following order- almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed.
- When the batter is combined evenly fold in the chocolate chips and M&M's by hand with a large spoon.
- Cover dough and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a large cookies scoop or a large rounded tablespoon of dough, scoop and place evenly 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Leave the dough you are not using in the fridge until the first batch is cooked.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will be just set in the middle, and the edges will begin to become dark golden.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing with a spatula and placing on a cooling rack to cool the remainder of the way. Repeat baking process with the remainder of the dough.
- Store these cookies in a container that is not sealed all the way. Just leave the lid cracked open a little up to 3 days. Gluten free baked goods with almond flour tend to get softer when sealed in an airtight container.
- You could also store these in the freezer and remove as you want to eat them. They are ready to eat just minutes after being set out. The longer you leave them out of the freezer the softer they get.
- I used Unreal chocolate candies for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: almond flour chocolate chip cookies, almond flour cookies, healthy cookies