These almond flour banana muffins have the best crumb topping making them a healthy delicious treat. Perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack, these muffins are ready in 30 minutes and only need 9 ingredients. Naturally gluten-free but also paleo friendly!
- 2 ½ cups of finely ground almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 medium ripe bananas (see notes)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk (dairy or non dairy)
- ¼ cup of finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a muffin pan by greasing liberally with oil or cooking spray. You can also use muffin liners. I recommend parchment paper liners for almond flour recipes.
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon) and whisk to incorporate evenly.
- In a separate medium bowl, add your bananas and mash until really smooth and there are no chunks. I like to mash and then use a wooden spoon to beat. Add your wet ingredients (eggs, milk) to the mashed bananas and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir together. Stir until just incorporated.
- Divide the muffin batter into 9 muffin wells. They will be about 3/4 full.
- Make the crumb topping by adding all ingredients for the crumb topping into a small bowl except the ghee. Whisk with a fork to evenly combine dry ingredients and then add ghee. Use the fork to press into the ingredients until a piecemeal texture forms. Sprinkle crumb topping onto each muffin.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The muffins will be semi-firm to touch when finished baking, so the toothpick test is essential.
- Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and cool to room temperature on a cooling rack. These are best served once cooled to room temperature.
- Bananas- Be sure to use bananas that have brown spots on the peel. My bananas weighed 9 ounces total out of the peel. They were about 6 inches long in the peel, not including the stem.
- Do not use almond meal for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond flour muffins, healthy banana muffins, healthy almond flour muffins