Get that deep fried taste but completely healthy with this air fryer frozen corn dog recipe! Cooks in 10 minutes and turns out perfect every time. This is the only way you should make them!
Up until this point in my life, making frozen corn dogs at home never lived up to its full potential. Most of the time they turn out soggy, took forever, kinda rubbery, the list goes on.
Enter air fryer frozen cord dogs. The frozen corn dogs that rival corn dogs at the carnival stands. The delicious sweet cornbread flavor with the best crispy outside and soft tender inside. Exactly how a corn dog should be.
And what is life if we can't have a freaking amazing corn dog in the comfort of our own home every once in a while.
If you want a dinner/snack/any time meal that goes from frozen to ready in 15 minutes with pretty much 1 minute of hands on time follow me to the other side, where you learn how to cook frozen corn dogs in your air fryer.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
One ingredient recipes for the win!
- Frozen Corn Dogs- This is the only ingredient you need to make these recipes. They will not need to be oiled, sprayed or anything else to turn out perfect.
For a healthier corn dog that is gluten free as well I like to use Applegate Farms All Beef Corn Dogs. They use grass fed beef, no dairy, no gluten and no casein.
- Single Layer- This is the most important part of using your air fryer! Always make sure everything is in a single layer and not overlapping. This allows for max air flow.
- Check halfway- Since all corn dogs will be different check yours halfway thru to make sure it is browning evenly. If it isn't just turn it with tongs (it will be hot).
What temperature do I cook frozen corn dogs at?
I used 390°F for my air fryer. It is a similar temp to what the guide said for things like frozen fish sticks and foods like corn dogs.
How long should I cook frozen corn dogs?
My air fryer cooked these absolutely perfect at the 10 minute mark. I tested doneness at 5 minutes and it wasn't close to being cooked.
Can I reheat corn dogs in the air fryer?
Yes!! And they taste just as good the next day. If you made a bunch from frozen, and were not able to eat them all just store in the fridge. When ready to reheat place the air fryer on 375° and reheat for about 3 minutes. Check to make sure it is warm to the hot dog.
Should I preheat the air fryer?
I love to preheat my air fryer when using it. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 390°F.
Should I turn them while cooking?
While I obviously didn't recipe test every corn dog under the sun, the kind I used (Applegate Gluten Free) did not need to be turned. Check at the 5 minute mark to make sure yours are browning evenly. If not turn.
Are corn dogs gluten free?
Not all brands are gluten free. Be sure to read your label. Again I used Applegate Gluten Free Frozen Corn Dogs. They are super easy to find at Kroger.
Step by step photo guide
More frozen food air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken NuggetsPrint
Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 5 1x
Get that deep fried taste but completely healthy with this air fryer frozen corn dog recipe! Cooks in 10 minutes and perfect texture every time. Gluten free or regular works!
- 5 frozen corn dogs (see note)
- Turn air fryer on at 390°F and preheat for 5 minutes
- Remove basket and carefully place frozen corn dogs in a single layer into the cooking basket. Do not overlap.
- Cook for 5 minutes and check to ensure they are browning evenly. If not, turn with tongs. Cook for additional 5 minutes or until cooked thru. The sticks will be hot!
- Serve warm!
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to use less corn dogs when cooking and cook in batches. Be sure to keep it in a single layer and not overlapping. If you do not need 5 corn dogs, you can use however many you need. I have made this with just one.
- My 6.8 qt basket held 5 corn dogs
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer frozen foods, air fryer frozen cord dogs, gluten free corn dogs
I made the frozen corn dog recipe for my grandson. He loved them, said they were “the best”.