This air fryer frozen chicken nugget recipe works for gluten free and regular chicken nuggets. Deliciously crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside.
When I purchased my air fryer I honestly had no idea how much better it would make food taste or how freaking easy it makes life.
Need dinner super duper fast that turns out perfect? Cool, throw some frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer and bam, done. Add some veggies on the side and call it done. Because some nights, we just need to be able to get a dinner cooked at home on the table in less than 15 minutes.
I also have some really delicious ideas for the adults, that don't really want to eat chicken nuggets for dinner, but also don't want to cook two dinners. I feel you friend, because I am you.
Be sure to check out the "expert tips" section for some ideas on what to do with those nuggets so you don't feel like you are eating a toddler meal.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
A few tips on the ingredients you will be using
- Frozen chicken nuggets- I used Applegate Farms Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets for this recipe to keep it gluten free. Feel free to use your favorite brand.
- No spray or oil- frozen chicken nuggets are already coated in something to make them crisp up in the oven. DO NOT add any additional oils. They will be perfect without them and you will actually see puddles of the oils released in the air fryer from what is already on them.
- Preheat- Be sure to preheat your air fryer
- Flip- flip half way thru. Each time I have tested the recipe they needed to be flipped and halfway thru worked best in my opinion.
- For the adults- If you don't feel like cooking two dinners one for the adults and one for the kids toss your nuggets in some buffalo wing sauce and place on a salad! Boom adult dinner. You could also turn these into a wrap with bacon, lettuce and some mayo for a delicious and quick dinner.
Can I cook nuggets with the french fries in the air fryer?
Yes absolutely! I tested this with 8 small chicken nuggets and homemade fries cut from one medium potato. It was about 15 fries. Just be sure to keep everything in a single layer and don't overcrowd. When made with homemade fries, it was finished cooking at the same time as the chicken nuggets. If frozen you may need to remove nuggets at the end of cooking time and then add a few more minutes on for the fries.
How long do I cook frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer?
Your nuggets will need 10 minutes in the air fryer that has been preheated and set at 400°F.
Can I reheat the nuggets in the air fryer?
Absolutely. I had a bunch left over and over the next few days I would throw them back in the air fryer at 375°F for about 5 minutes to reheat.